#Gluten-Free #Grain-Free #Vegan
I made these cupcakes for a friend’s Halloween Party and they were a hit! Everyone commented upon the depth and rich, pumpkin flavor of the essential vegetable in Autumn, and my fav – KABOCHA pumpkin 🙂
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (I make fresh roasted kabocha pumpkin for homemade puree)
- 1/2 cup sucanat
- 2 1/2 almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine ground sea salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 cup toasted almond pieces
- 4 tbsp cold-pressed virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (be sure to use gluten-free if you have a sensitivity)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
Let’s get started:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake tins with unbleached parchment paper liners.
Place chia, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a blender and let sit for 5 minutes in order for the chia to plumpen (or form gel-like consistency). After 5 minutes blend thoroughly.
In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients thoroughly. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
Spoon batter into cupcake liners, filling them about 85%. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.