Drinking water is probably the most undervalued source of physical energy. Unlike hunger, thirst is an inadequate barometer of the need for H2O as by the time we feel thirsty, it is likely that we are already quite dehydrated. While many of you may not be fans of drinking plain water — (this is often a big challenge for some of my clients), I hope that what I am about to share with you will motivate you to have an extra glass or more of H2O.
Here are 5 reasons to drink more water + a delicious SPA WATER recipe
1) Clear Skin — adult acne is quite common these days, and while there are various underlying issues why acne appear, too often the reason is dehydration. Certain toxins can cause inflammation in the body which results in clogged pores and acne. Drinking 8-10 cups of water helps to flush out many toxins.
2) Productivity Boost — inadequate hydration compromises concentration and ability to focus. Next time you feel zoning off, have a glass of water and see how your work performance improves!
3) Energy Boost — one of the most common symptoms of dehydration is tiredness, and unlike coffee, water gives a nice energy boost through nourishment instead of stimulation.
4) Pain Prevention – drinking adequate amounts of water can go a long way. A client of mine used to experience chronic headaches and after increasing the amount of water she was drinking, her headaches went completely away. Simple tip yet so powerful.
5) Muscle recovery — exercise causes muscles to lose water, along with minerals and electrolytes. Even slightly dehydrated muscles lose significant strength and speed so if you are active in the fitness arena, make sure you drink adequate quantities of water + electrolytes.
* SPA WATER recipe
In the healthy lifestyle world, we hear of gazillion recommendations for adopting healthy habits and that, for many people, can be overwhelming instead of motivating. If you want to make just ONE change, try adopting the habit of DRINKING MORE WATER and expect to see benefits rolling for a long-term success.
*** Fill a pitcher with water. Add thinly sliced citrus fruit (lime, lemons or oranges), thinly sliced cucumber and a few springs of mint. Store in the refrigerator. Top with ice and water as needed, and you will have a refreshing drink on hand all day.***
p.s. Have a friend who may benefit from this? Share it with them, and be part of the ripple effect by spreading health & happiness!